- Development, construction and distribution of novel musical instruments and sound objects
- Construction of sound modules for sound gardens
- Music seminars and further education, courses for children and adolescents, for old or stuttering people
- Sound and audition days in nature
- Solo concerts and concertante encounters with jazz, concert music and non-European music, projects with storytellers and theaters
|In my sound art, the fields of work are very wide. It would probably be more apt to say that these activities involve many different professions – the sound object builder and inventor, the musician, researcher or teacher. This also leads to cooperation with people who work in different areas – with therapists, artists, teachers, with musicians from different cultures, pastors, non-medical practitioners or entrepreneurs, with members of different religions. Since I do not want to restrict myself in the construction of the sound objects in the selection of materials, I sometimes also need the support of craftsmen such as stonemasons, bell founders, blacksmiths, fusion or metallurgical glass.
My sound art always lives from the fact that I search the connection. Listening too, perhaps more than any other sense, always has something in common.
a selection of different projects
- Development of ceramic sound objects together with my wife Waltraud Fassbender (see: waltraudfassbender.de)
- Construction of a sound installation in which the proportions of various plants are set to music (commissioned work for the Demeter Bund)
- Development and construction of a plate bell register for the organ of the Kunststation St. Peter in Cologne
- musical direction at the Music Theater Nimmerland at the Junge Oper Stuttgart: http://www.oper-stuttgart.de/spielplan/2014-03-13/nimmerland/)
- “Music connects” – music project with refugees
- Concerts in the trio KFB with Thomas Kagermann and Christian Bollmann
- Organization of SINNESTAGE, a large exhibition with fields of experience and interactive offers for all the senses
- Concert for a service for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Bahais, Buddhists and Hindus in St. Maria vom Frieden in Cologne